Sunday, December 30, 2007

Operation Fatten the Competion Backfires

Thursday night we were in the Navy Commissary and they had a special on some nice thick steaks so I grabbed several packages. On the way home I thought of a plan to ensure I would continue hold my own against the former Coast Guard Athlete of the Year, so I invited him over for dinner Friday night. He graciously accepted but he offered to pickup some desert. I figured I was safe thinking he would bring some Healthy Low Cal, Low carb desert he concocted in his blender. Something like pureed peach and pea custard or something to that effect. Unfortunately, he picked my weakness, pecan pie. That delicious mixture of butter, syrup, sugar, nuts, shortening, flour, and more sugar. I don't think there is a higher calorie per bite food on the planet. Damn it was good. We had a nice dinner and great conversation. I offered to let him take the remaining pie home but he told me to keep it so I had a piece for breakfast and another for lunch.




My sister Gina enjoyed herself so much at thanksgiving that she decided to come back. She even bought me a new pair of Oakleys for Christmas to replace the pair that I lost at the beach when she was her last time. I wonder if I lose my Jeep while she is her, if she will get me a new Wrangler next year for Christmas. Saturday we went hiking near Dillingham Air Station on the northwestern most section of the Island. The weather was perfect. We had great views of the ocean and gliders flying over the Wiainea range.


After we got done hiking, we went downtown and met one of Gina's co-workers who was also in town visiting her parents. She gave us a great tour of the major historic and government buildings and provided some of the History behind the different places.

1 comment:

Ben's Journey said...

Ahhhhh! good blog on "OPERATION BACKFIRE"...Next time I am bringing one of those 3 gallon ice cream buckets from Sam's Club. I think its called Endless Calories!