Thursday, December 13, 2007

Overhauling the Jake Part 1


While I was stationed in Germany I bought 3 bikes. The most practical of these bikes is my Kona Jake the Snake Cross-Bike. I bought it because I can ride it any where except for very technical single track. Originally I equipped it with a rack, panniers, and full fenders. The Jake has been my utility bike and has not received a lot of TLC. It is 5 years old and still has the original cables, bar tape, cassette and chain. The Chain has some of the worst stretch ever.

The Bar tape was scraped up shortly after I bought it when i tried to lean into a sharp turn on a 30 degree day on a wet road. A few weeks ago I made a performance order for new fenders, new chain, and cassette. I already had the cables and bar tape. The box has been sitting on my Lanai while I devoted my free time finishing up my online class. Last night I submitted my paper so now i can work on bringing the bike back to life.




2 comments:

Ben's Journey said...

I was wondering where you been hiding out! Usually you are at every ride!

Ben's Journey said...

I forgot to mention that I noticed the green beer bottle in the background! Beer and Bikes, life is GOOOOOD!