Sunday, December 23, 2007

Hawaii Bowl 2007, Worth the Price of Admission



Being in the military as given me the opportunity to attend many sporting and entertainment events due to the geographic locations I have been stationed. While I was stationed in Europe, I watched several stages of the Tour de France. One stage I was even able to ride my bike too. In Omaha, I went to the College World Series. I have also seen many free concerts such as Montgomery Gentry, Clint Black, and Toby Keith. Today I attended my first bowl game, the Hawaii Bowl. I received 4 free tickets on the 5 yard line that were donated to the Military. Courtney wasn't interested in going so Chris, Steph, Heather and I went. The game was between Eastern Carolina and Boise State. I didn't have a real favorite although I liked Boise State because they are in the WAC but as a Notre Dame Fan, I couldn't help but be in favor of Lou Holtz's son's team ECU. We were on the ECU side of the field which was nice because the ECU cheerleaders:

were much better looking



than the BS cheerleaders


The game kicked off with a pretty cool Chinook Helicopter fly over right before the coin toss.


ECU drew first blood with a field goal on their first drive. BSU jumped right back when they ran the kick off back for a TD. However ECU dominated the first half and scored several more times. BCU almost completed a Hail Mary pass right as the 1st half drew to a close. It looked like ECU was going to run away with the game. During Halftime, we were treated to a Hawaiian dance review. We had perfect seats for watching a beautiful sunset during the 3rd quarter.



ECU scored pretty quickly in the 3rd quarter and appeared to have the game locked up. BSU came alive in the 4th and brought it to with in a td. They looked like they were going to tie the game up when they turned it over with a little over 1 min left in the game. ECU chose to run the ball hoping to burn up the clock. On their third down they were running a sweep when their back coughed up the ball. BSU scooped it up and ran it back 50 yrds tying the game. All BCU had to do was hold ECU and the game would go to OT. ECU had been stopped every time they got the ball in the 4th quarter. Until this time. They took the kick off up the field to the their 40 yard line. BSU held them for the first couple of downs then a 3rd down pass was completed and the back ran the ball to the BSU 25 yrd line. ECU ran the ball to the 15 yrd line and got it placed in the middle of the field. They kicked the game winning field goal as time ran out. It was a very good spectator's game with almost 80 points. ECU 41, BSU 38.

1 comment:

Phillip Cansler said...

Glad you enjoyed the game. By the way, we are the PIRATES of EAST CAROLINA UNIVERSITY. Thanks for all you do and happy holidays!