Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Hawaiian Style





This was our 1st Hawaiian Christmas. We broke a few holiday traditions and started a new one. Normally we go to Midnight Mass but this year Courtney was scheduled to serve so we went on Christmas Morning. There was hardly anyone in the Church. Heather commented that it was like going to Grandma and Grandpa's Church. Father had a very funny homily. He had all the little kids come up to the alter and quizzed them on what was the perfect gift for the baby Jesus. He produced some example gifts to include one he referred as Holy Water: A bottle of Crown Royal. After Mass we went home and opened the rest of our presents. We all loved our gifts. Chris gave me the perfect Blogger's gift; a mount anywhere tripod for my camera. It will work perfectly on my handle bars so I can start producing exciting action shot and video's of my biking.



After unwrapping presents we changed and headed to the beach. Someone had put a tree up on the beach so we had to pose for a picture on it. Ginger enjoyed boogie boarding again.

We got home from the beach around 4 pm and all worked together to turn out a great meal.


Heather and I went hiking on the day after Christmas at Aiea Heights. This is normally a very easy 4.5 mile hike but that day the trail was covered with mud. Heather wore her brand new sandals she got for Christmas. The mud was so thick that sucked them off her feet a couple places. Luckily the mud rinsed off pretty easily.








I finally finished the Jake. Jim Phillips let me borrow his derailleur hanger alignment tool. It worked great. I was surprised how far off both the Jake and the Cube's hangers were off. I think I will finally have smooth shifts on the Cube which hasn't shifted very well since I arrived on the island.

No comments: