Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Ringing in the New Year



We got up early New Years Eve and headed to the beach for some 6 person canoe paddling. Steph and Courtney chose to sleep in, Surprise Surprise. Chris when along to be the photographer and Heather, Gina and I paddled. There was a pretty good turnout so we took out both boats. Coach Howard began with a on beach lesson for the new bees. Then we headed out to the water for a pretty tough workout. We paddled for almost 90 minutes. The competitive nature of the two groups was evident as we





After paddling, Gina took us out for some great hamburgers at a cool restaurant called Islanders in the Mall. The girls shopped while I walked around the mall and people watched. They were finally done shopping around 430 so we headed home and lounged. We were finally getting hungry around 9pm so I cooked some brats on the grill. Gina and the girls went and picked up some stuff from the shoppette to make frozen drinks. We went out on the lanai and played games and rung in the New Year. The neighbor's were having a party so I wondered over there a few times. We hit the bed around 230 in the morning and I got up at 6 am for a bike ride with Ben. After I got home we went to Church. When we got home, Ben had left a message inviting us to come over to watch the Sugar Bowl. Hawaii got beat pretty handily. I tried doing the really hat but it didn't seem to have any affect. Ben tried it too but as soon as he did, Hawaii threw an interception so he quickly switched it back.
Today, I took Gina to the Airport at 6 am then went back to work. It was kind of hard after so long off. I was able to get in a ride tonight which about killed me. It is tough trying to keep up with the young ens.

No comments: