Sunday, December 16, 2007

Football on the Beach and Jake part 2

One of the things Heather wanted to do when she came home from school was take Ginger to the Beach. For some reason the beach appealed to her. It must have something to do with spending the last week of school dealing with 12 inches of fresh snow. We were going to go on Saturday but Friday night, Ginger got into a bag of flour eating most of it. She wasn't feeling too well on Saturday so we decided to wait and go Sunday after Church. We went to our favorite beach, Kailua. It was pretty windy so there were many kite surfers decorating the skyline. After doing a little bogey boarding, we decided to have a football game with Steph and I taking on Heather and Courtney. Ginger also decided to play mainly for Heather's team. The game was pretty close but Steph and I won by 1 touchdown. We played for almost an hour stopping when Heather got stung by a jelly fish.



I was able to squeeze in some time to work on the Jake, I installed all the cables, fenders, and new bar tape. I just need to add the new chain and the cassette then adjust everything and cut the cables. I think it looks much better although the job I did on the bar tape isn't going to win me any style awards.

No comments: