Saturday, May 3, 2008

It is easy when the food tastes great.

Since starting our diet Chris has been doing all the cooking so I could work on the paper. Not that I turned it in it was my turn to cook supper. We talked about going out to eat but decided since we had just spent a ton of money on groceries we should eat at home. Our menu plan for tonight was a dish called Big Easy Shrimp. It was basically Shrimp Creole or gumbo. I had chopped onions, bell peppers, celery and diced tomatoes. It also called for 1tsp of hot sauce (Tabasco). It ended up being a little hot so I added a couple of small cans of tomato juice. It still had a little zing but with a glass of skim milk, it went down pretty well. I cooked some brown rice to give it a little more fiber.

Tomorrow I am going to ride at the North shore. It has been over a month so I am looking forward to a great ride.

No comments: