Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sad News

Today I found out that a good friend of mine,CMSgt Denise Mikolajczyk, passed away suddenly. while TDY to Offutt AFB. Denise and I were stationed together for 3 years in Germany. She was a great person who was a hell of alot of fun to be around. Luckily I got to spend a week last fall with her and Curt Marshall at our training conference in Mississippi. We had a great time, golfing, drinking and reminissing. I had hoped we would get the chance to do it again soon. I had even invited her to come for a visit in Hawaii. I hope she had a chance to try Sam Adams light as I suggested. She will be missed by all who knew her.

2 comments:

Giles Smay said...

Steve, we had a good time in Germany and made many friends. It's hard to believe that Denise is gone. I still remember her and Mark Fender singing "paradise by the dashboard lights" at the RAF Mildenhall club during our TDY. She was a good friend with a good heart. Such a bubbly personality. Our prayers go out to her family and friends.

Steve said...

That was a great TDY. I forgot about the Karaoke.