Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello 2009

It is hard to believe we are bringing in another year. As we get older time sure seams to fly. Last year was great. We celebrated Stephanie's Bachelors Degree and my Masters Degree as well as Courtney's 8th grade graduation and Confirmation. 2009 will see us celebrating Heathers graduation and her entering her graduate Physical Therapy Program. Before we know it we will be referring to her as Dr. Steele.

This year we brought in the new year at a neighborhood block party. Think I found the perfect bike. It is small enough to pack and take about any where and it gives a hell of a workout. I am not sure though if I would be able to do any around the Island rides. Riding it 100 feet was tough enough. I planned on doing a early morning ride to kick of the New Year but the rain put the kabosh on those plans. Heather, Jim and I did set out on a nice easy paced 2 hr ride covering Hickam, Pearl and Ford Island. On Pearl we stopped to see a memorial that described all the ships that were involved in the Dec 7 1941 attack and what damage they sustained. It is hard to believe that some of the ships that sank were actually put back into service a few months after the attack. I took an neat picture of one of the discriptions capturing Jim riding behind it as well as one of the ships in port. After we got back, Chris joined us for a ride around the neighbor hood. GOALS FOR 2009

I don't do New Years Resolutions because they tend to be short lived. Instead I have a list of goals that I hope to achieve. The list is fairly long so that hopefully I have some goals that I can achieve to make up for the ones I don't.

1. Get more sleep
2. Drink more water and less soda and beer
3. Maintain and improve my fitness level
4. Achieve a sub 60 minute time in the 40k TT ( 1:03:10.0 last year)
5. Place in the top 20 in the Dick Evans Memorial Race (27th last year)
6. Run Hickam 1/2 marathon
7. Run Honolulu Marathon
8. Be more organized and productive at work
9. Make Chief
10. Save more money
11. Have alot of fun



No comments: