Monday, July 14, 2008

Would ah, Could ah, Should ah: DIDN'T: Kalaeloa Crit



Sunday's Kalaeloa Crit was my best opportunity this year for a win. The course was perfectly suited to my riding. The short straights kept the pace to a level where I could hold on to the front and still keep a little reserved for the final sprint. Unfortunately, I let myself get boxed in on the back stretch had to wait too long to start my sprint. At the Hickam Crit, I needed the finish line to be about 10 yrds closer, for Kalaeloa I needed it to be about 10 yrds farther. I placed 5th overall in the 4/5 race and recieved my 3rd, 2nd place State Medal for the 4/5 41-45 yr olds. I also placed 7th in the miss and out race, 2 laps short of a prize.

This was the most enjoyable race of the season so far. There were alot of families watching giving it a real family atmosphere. The Cambrio team bbqed some hot dogs and great burgers and were sharing with all the teams. Thanks to all the HACC volunteers and John for making it happen.

Check out Bennie's great pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/gadawgs05/HickamAreaCylingClubCrit

No comments: