Friday, July 11, 2008

It is the Most Wonderful Time of The Year


Some folks can't wait for the 4th of July weekend because of the fireworks, picnics and parades. Although I enjoy these things, the 4th of July Weekend starts for me the best three weeks of television of the year. There is something special about being able to turn the
TV to Verses almost any time of the day and watch cycling. I get up in the morning and get to listen to Phil Liggett for the beginning of the day's stage. At lunch, I get to catch the finish again with Phil. When I get home, I get to listen to Bob (Bobke) Roll cover the race. If I miss any of it, I can catch it again before I go to bed. That is the way TV was meant to be./

2 comments:

Shane T. said...

Amen, brother!!! VIVA LE TOUR!

Strap said...

i miss that...we get the 2 hour condensed version on a 24hour delay...inevitably i see the stage winner's name on al jazeera every morning before the race is shown.