Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of July Weekend



After the 80 miler on Thursday, we took the 4th off from the bikes. I slept in until 0800 then we all headed to Wright Bro's for breakfast. After Breakfast, Heather, Chris and I took Ginger on a nice walk along Pearl Harbor. We had tickets for Bay Fest so we cooked out in the afternoon. Bayfest was a blast. I really enjoyed the Little Big Town concert. I have always enjoyed their music I just didn't realize how many good song they released. I think I knew the words to everyone of the songs they played.

Rodney Adkins was the main act. We got to see him last year at the College World Series. I enjoyed the show. My only complaint was that he played almost the same set as he did last year. I guess when you are a new singer, you only have so many songs you can play. After the concern, we watched a great fire works display.

Saturday morning Heather and I did a 30 mile ride around Hickam, Pearl and Ford Island.

When we got to Ford, I did some 30 second intervals while Heather rode around at a moderate pace. My goal was to lap her in 20 minutes of intervals. Luckily she started to get board and slowed down so I caught her on the final interval. On the way home, my blue tooth head set fell out of my ear. Several cars passed us and the last nudged it into the other lane. Luckily it still worked.

Later in the afternoon, Chris, Heather and I headed to the northshore to sunset beach. The surf was pretty strong which made me regret not bringing a boogy board. I did get to do some snorkeling and swimming and had a good time playing in the waves. The whole family went to JR Rockers for supper.

After Church on Sunday We ventured out west and hiked to kaena point. Most tourist don't venture out that way due to the rough nature of the area. I find it to be one of the most beautiful areas of the island. The hike wasn't too bad until we got to a section where the old road was washed out and we had to scale a cliff using a nylon rope. Chris and Ginger were both pretty exhausted for the return so Courtney, Heather and I ran back and got the Jeep. It was nice getting to do a little four wheeling. I haven't had it off road since last summer on my dads farm.

We got home around 6 tired and hungry. I cooked some ribs out on the grill and we ate around 8. Heather had to do most of her packing. It was after midnight when I went to bed and I didn't want to go to work at all. Most of all we were pretty sad today because Heather headed back to Illinois. She wanted to get back before the rest of the student's returned so she could find a job on campus. The worst part of being here is the fact that we don't get to see much of her. At least when she is here we make the most of it.

No comments: