Monday, June 2, 2008

Taken a Break from the Bike

w


Today is my 23rd anniversary. Two of the last 3 anniversaries have been over shadowed by PCS moves so we decided to do something special and stay at the Hale Koa in Waikiki Saturday night. I was still planning on riding Saturday morning but when I woke up after 6 am I figured I would just get some more sleep as both of the rides had already started. We checked in around 3 pm before going to Mass at the Fort DeRusey Chapel. We were a little disappointed in our room as it was one of the children rooms with a pretty uncomfortable full size bed and thin walls. But still it was nice to be down in Wiakiki so we couldn't complain too much. After mass we headed to our favorite Italian place on the Island: Anti Pasta's. Getting there before 6 was great as we got right in. I had the chicken cachatorie and Chris had the Egg Plant Parmesan. After dinner we walked along the beach and the stores. There was a Pan Pacific Islander Festival going on with a great band. We set and listened until they completed their set. We walked back to the hotel doing some window shoping along the way. When we finally got back to the room we were bushed but the people in the next room were talking so loud that we had a heck of a time sleeping. This morning we had breakfast then headed out to the beach. It was a great day for sitting on the beach. I tired to swim but my shoulder still is bothering me. We had to check out at noon so we headed back to the base. We stopped at McCully bicycle store just to check it out since I didn't have much time the last time I was there. They have pretty decent prices but I couldn't find anything that I couldn't live with out. After we got home and had some lunch, we decided to take a drive to the Windward side and do some hiking. Chris wanted to see if she could make it all the way to the Light house which se did sucessfully. We could tell the exercise was really helping her get in shape as last time she had a hard time getting half way up.

1 comment:

Marianne and Bryant said...

Happy anniversery Steve.

See you Tuesday.

Bryant