Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Busy Weekend






This was one of the most fun weekends I have had in quite a while, which is saying alot since I usually have pretty fun weekends. I took a day off Friday to spend with my sister and to start celebrating Chris's Birthday. We went to the north shore and spent some time hiking at the Audubon park at Wiamea Bay. We took the easy paved path to the falls and spent some time enjoying the view. On the way back we decided to try a little more difficult hike on the way back which was a single track that went up and down some steep hills with a few loose rocks to make it interesting. I stayed back to help Chris navagate a tricky section when we heard Gina, Heather and Courtney Scream. Apparently a wild bore ran out in front of them. Needless to say, we headed back to the paved path. We headed over to the ocean for a swim. Unfortunately we forgot our snorkeling gear but I was able to work on my swimming using the book Full Immersion Swimming. I think i need to work on it in the pool as I swallowed a bunch of salt water.

After Swimming we went Cholo's Mexican Restaurant in Halewa for some great Mexican Food. We have been wanting to go there for several months and were not disappointed.

Chris's Birthday was Saturday. We went to Waikiki to the outdoor Mass at the Hale Koa. It is a beautiful Mass but a bit hard to concentrate with the great views and the people walking by.

Afterwards we went to our favorite Italian place Auntie Pastas for another great meal.


Sunday I got up early and headed to the Race. It was a perfect race. Check out Dev's Blog for a complete run down and great pictures: http://devsfitnessjourney.blogspot.com/

I rushed to my graduation at the O Club. It was a nice ceremony that Ben, Chris, the girls Gina and My boss Linda and her Husband attended. It was great having a cheering section as I walked across the stage.

Afterwards, I was treated to a nice surprise thanks to Mom and Dad with some help from the rest of the family, including Ben.

2 comments:

Chief Master Sergeant Devery R. Andrews said...

Congrats Steve! The new bike is real nice (and fast). I got to see a lot of the back of it today.
Dev

Marianne and Bryant said...

I like that new steed. You needed one after all the hard miles you accumulated on your old bike.
Bryant