Saturday, January 19, 2008

The should have rode Northshore, ride

You know it is going to be a rough ride when you get up and start to get ready and you can't find your ID card. That is the way today started for me. After looking for a while are realizing it was futile, I gave up and headed to pick up Steve L. I had planned on stopping at the shoppette for coffee and Gatorade on the way but without an Id card I ended up filling my water bottles at the outdoor fountain by the baseball field behind the gym. It was not the most pleasant of waters.

Five of us headed to the Punchbowl cemetery to ride 2 to 3 loops up mt tantalus. My left knee was very stiff from yesterday's pt test so I took it very easy on the way up averaging 8.5 mph. We started to head down Round top into a pretty chilly wind. After about a 1/4 the way down the sky cut loose drenching us the rest of the way down. I haven't been that cold on a bike since Germany. I found a banyan tree for some protection until the rain let up. We coasted the rest of the way down, luckily there was some sun to provide a slight bit of warmth.

I decided to push it on the way up the second time. I managed to average 10 mph which was .5 mph higher than last time. I think that was the one bright spot of the ride. We headed back down tantalus hitting all the pot holes and tight switchbacks my triceps could handle. It was unanimous that 2 loops was all that we were going to do so we headed to starbucks.

I am still looking for my Id. That will really suck if i can't find it before the end of the weekend. Not sure what the plans are for the rest of the weekend. Hopefully catch up on my sleep and rest some. This was a very light cycling week with only 75 miles ridden. I head to Japan next Friday for 10 days which is going to keep me off the bike. I may have to settle for a spin class. :(

1 comment:

sonya said...

HEY! you forgot to comment on my chocolate chip scone that finished off your ride. I'm just trying to get myself into someone's blog. help a sister out.