Saturday, March 1, 2008

Pizza, Beer, 80's trivia and a Suprise Birthday Party










An email went out to the HACC stating that there was going to be a Critical Mass ride Friday night . Critical Mass rides are demonstration rides where cyclist purposely block traffic. The point is to increase awareness of cyclist on the road but they often have have a negative effect. As we tossed around emails about why the HACC shouldn't participate, Habi mention that he would be drinking beer and eating Pizza instead. Ben emailed him back and asked where, then I emailed as suggested we meet at my house. That started the wheels a turning for a fun night.




Ben arrived first bring a "secret" Desert. Habi and his family arrived shortly afterwards with lots of soda. We ordered Pizza and got down to drinking some beer. After a while I decided to pull out the 80's trivial pursuit cards out. Ben and Chris both graduated in 84, I in 85, Habi in 87 and Habi's wife Theresa in 88. Casey and my daughter Steph were both born in 85 . We also had my daughter Courtney and Habi's son Brit who are both in 8th grade. They seemed to enjoy reading the questions and watching us reminisce as we explained 80's terms and activities to the youngsters in the audience.

Casey had just got off a long shift at work. He was a little off his A-game when it came to 80's trivia.

Ben brought some desert. I couldn't understand why he insisted I didn't look at the desert until it was served. I thought he brought another hi cal desert like the pecan pie he brought last time. I was surprised when he brought out a Birthday Cake, as well as a present, a new bike helmet. It was great. I brought out my bottle of Irish Whiskey. Ben and I had a couple mixed with diet coke. It went down very smooth. The next morning when I got up to ride with Ben, the Irish whiskey was setting pretty hard in my gut. It took two tower laps to sweat it out and a good Wright Bro's Breakfast to make me feel pretty good. This was probably not the best way to prep for the time trial.

We rapped it up around 10 pm. I guess when you get old, you don't party until the wee hours. The aftermath of the

1 comment:

Ben's Journey said...

Are you doing the chicken dance? Must have had too many drinks if you were using your cycling helmet!