Friday, April 16, 2010

Getting back in shape


A year ago I was in the best shape of my life. That is me in the middle of the picture. Unfortunately, this year the run of Holiday and Promotion Parties followed by the move and resulting month of fast food eating, added about 20 lbs back on as well as made me lose the fitness that lead to two state cycling champainships. Now that we are starting to get settled in our new house, I am going to try to get back in shape.

The last couple of weeks we started back on a variation of the South Beach Diet. Unfortunately, I was in a class this week that offered cookies on our breaks which I didn't do a very good job avoiding. I also had pizza and beer tonight. Tomorrow though I am going to tighten up the diet, give up beer for at least a week and start cycling again. I will try to keep this updated as I go through this journey.

No comments: