Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Finally a new post




There has been a whirlwind of activity in the Steele house during the last half of March and all of April. In March my grandfather passed away and I flew home for his funeral. Although a funeral is a sad occastion, for someone who lived such a long life, it is also a celebration of his life.
I was very impressed with how well my 92 yr old grandmother was doing. she really seemed to like having all the company. I know she missed Red but she realized that he was in a better place. I enjoyed seeing the family even met a couple of 1st cousins from Alaska that I had never met. We even had time for family game of poker that lasted until 2 am.

Less than a week after I returned, my parents arrived for a great visit. I will post a longer Blog on thier visit and our move to the new house ASAP.

No comments: